Thursday, February 23, 2012

80s Dress Up, Haunted Hotels, Adventures, Clay, and Lovely Surprises!

Heyyyyy :)
Sorry for such a long time in between posts :) I've been a busy bee.
But! I do have a few interesting stories for all of you readers :)

First off! My dad and I have officially purchased a small propane tank, the thingy that you screw onto the top of it to help shoot out a flame, a thingy that makes sparks (I could light the sucker), and a pair of safety goggles. :) "What for?" You ask?
Well that's a wonderful question! We have purchased these items because I am going to be making glass beads and necklace pendants at home. :) No worries! I know what I'm doing!
I have four years of glass experience and 3 years of bead making experience!
Unfortunately, I have not been able to purchase ALL of the supplies that I need for this hobby.
I already have the glass rods to make the beads/pendants, spaghetti rods (really skinny glass rods) to decorate them with, and all of the other stuff listed above, BUT I still need the Sludge (a.k.a. bead enamel..... the stuff that prevents the molten glass from sticking to the metal rods), I also need the metal rods, and then the soft insulation stuff that the glass rests in while cooling.
So! That means, I am making a trip to this really cool glass place over in Berkeley called The Stained Glass Garden and picking up all of the things I need :)

Next! I recieved a wonderful Valentine from someone very special. :) I found it on my front porch waiting for me after dropping off my sister with my mom. :) Here's a pic:
Picture
I had my older brother put his hand next to it to show how big it is.... haha :) It's quite large to be honest. And full of sugar! So. Hard. To. Resist.
And what makes it harder to resist is that it's sitting in my room with me, *looks over and eyes giant shiny heart*, No, I musn't. Anywho, it is up here with me because I told my family that they could have a piece whenever, as long as they ask first. :/ pieces started disappearing so I decided to hold it hostage :D

But! I have an awesome picture of me and my most favorite peoples with me (my valentine included)
Picture
(left to right) Mikayla, Tyler, Andrew :), and Me!
That picture was actually taken at Tyler's (first guy on the left) wrestling match. :) He got third place but wrestled like a winner :D I took a really awesome picture of him in action.
Picture
He's the guy on top :)

They've been keeping me out and about whenever they get the chance, and I completely thank them because I find that having a social life inbetween writing, twitter, linkedin, facebook, google+, and my part-time job at A'GACI,is a really good and fun thing to have! Haha.

And speaking of A'GACI, it has been decided that we are now going to have themed weekends and this weekend iiiiiiisssssss *drumroll* 80S THEMED. Yes.... we all have to dress up in 80's style clothing.
I, luckily, have mine all planned out and will.... reluctantly, post up some peppy pictures of my carefully planned 80's outfit hahaha. Some of my coworkers and I found it a lot harder to find an outfit than we originally thought, so much so that we had to look up "80's clothing styles" on google.

What else was there to tell you all... hmmmmmmmm. Oh, yes! The HAUNTED HOTEL!
Remember a few months back when I mentioned going trying to go to a bridge haunted by a dead witch?? Yeah? Maybe? Well, all of that goes out the window when I say, I WENT TO A HAUNTED HOTEL.
I was super excited to go out with a few of my friends (Mikayla, Tyler, Andrew :), Carl, and Deshawn). We all decided to go Sunday night after I got off of work which was at 8:30.
I decided to ask Mikayla to come and give me a ride home (considering she was already on her way over to my house with Tyler), so we got home when Tyler decided he needed to talk to Mikayla, which left me walking up to my house by my lonesome. But just as I get to the beginning of the pathway that turns up to my front door, I notice Carl, kneeling in the bushes, recording on his phone.
Weird right? Of course, my automatic response is to ask him what the heck he was doing, to which he replied, "I'm just, recording this beautiful night."
That just made me a tid-bit confused so I carefully stick my head around the corner of the house to see Andrew, down on one knee, holding a bouquet of roses. :D *blush* Needless to say, I said "Yes." to his very special question. :D
Picture
Aren't they so pretty?!
Haha, :) it was a great way to start off the night, ANYWHO! After I changed into the appropriate adventure clothing (tennis shoes, jeans, hoodie, and a leather jacket for even more warmth), we were all off to be spooked!
It took about an hour or so to get there haha but once we did we had to walk a really long ways down this dirth road that was oober dark (we didn't have our flashlight on so that we didn't call attention to ourselves). Luckily, the cow dung on the road was darker so we could easily walk around them.
We must have gotten half way down the dirt road when we all noticed a couple (with their flashlights on) coming down the road toward us. So what do we do? We go into STEALTH MODE and hop the barbed wire to our side and scrambled up the hill to spy from a safe distance.
It was kind of a big hill with a pretty view acutally, haha. But it took about five minutes before the couple got in plain view of us. We were all laying on our backs... trying to blend in I guess.
Andrew and I started howling. (my howling was really bad considering I had lost my voice a few days prior), but the couple turned and shined their light on us. But I'm guessing they only saw Andrew and I  because they seemed really spooked when they saw Tyler, Deeshawn, Mikayla, and Carl get up to chase them, howling and growling.
Hahahaha. It was funny to see.
After that interesting event, we started back down the dirt road to lead on to the hotel. Originally, I was going to take a picture of the hotel with the night vision on my cell phone, but there were two problems that prevented me from such actions, 1, the flash on my night vision only reaches about a maximum of 4 1/2 feet, and 2, my phone was dying and wouldn't allow me to get to my camera.
Totally unfair, but I could tell you firsthand that this place was creepy and very intimidating to even walk up to.
It is surrounded by palm trees that were swaying and rustling in the breeze and all of the windows and doors were gone.
The place was basically rubble all on the inside with rusty cables sticking out everywhere and dirt covering everything. There were 3 floors and the stairs were totally creepy and sketchy.
To be honest, I don't think I would have gone into the place if the floors were made of wood because I would have thought that we were all going to fall through. And that's just not an option to me. But this place was all cement and the whole time I was in there and walking down the narrow hallways, I just kept thinking of all the scary shows I watch were there's someTHING in the doorway that you pass just staring at you. Goosebumps were present!
Haha. Don't worry, I stayed safe and kept away from the gaping holes in the walls where the windows used to be. :)
Rumor has it that the man who owns the property will fire off a few warning shots at people who go there. And I have to admit that I was super weary about that just in case it was true; it kept us from wandering too far around the place. haha!.
But all in all, I really liked the place even though I ended up slipping down the last couple of steps to what used to be the main floor. I caught myself :) but followed it up with a "It felt like I was pushed!"
I'm a little jokester :))

Anyways, that is pretty much it for my scary adventure. Other than that, the next day, Andrew :P, Carl, and I, went up to the national park down the street and ACCIDENTLY went on a 3 hour hike.
I say accidently because we didn't have any water with us or any other source of hiking gear that you might like to have with you.
All we had was a box of Gobstoppers and our sense of adventure. WOO! :)
By the time we got back home, we were dying for water and had to get ready for work hahaha.
We did, however, manage to find a lot of beautiful places there and are planning to go back to discover some more.
One of the places we found was what my brother describes as a "Thinking Maze" (something along those lines), where if you have a problem that's bugging you, you start walking the maze in the circle while thinking of your problem, and by the time you reach the center, you find your solution. :) pretty cool.
Picture

And I have finished working on my new ceramics project which is a Lidded Container, all that it needs now is to be bisque fired and then glazed, then fired again, and then I could finish painting it the way I want :) but for now I'll show you how it looks at the present moment.
Picture
I've been working on it for a couple weeks. :) adding feet on the bottom gives me extra credit.
Picture

Well! That's all I have for you awesome readers. That's all for now, that is :)
I'll be back to update you guys some more.

Be safe and awesome!!!
<3 Patricia Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment